I was a totally cleansing oil noob at first. I NEVER knew what it is, and never mind about it too because my skin is oily. I thought that oily skin x oil = indefinite deathly combo. Then I discovered what it is, etc, and totally drooled over it. It's the solution for waterproof mascara lovers like me!
For you noobs like I was, cleansing oil break down your makeup (yes, the waterproof mascaras also) and then when emulsified aka added with water they will turn milky white and wash off totally clean! Isn't it amazing? No more tugging on your skin, or use a lot of product with cotton. Just one pump, massage it all over your face and then rinse! Of course, you need to wash your face after that with a wash, but it's totally practical, right? Plus it removes everything, your superstrong all-day bb cream, waterproof mascaras liner bulletproof lipcolor, etc etc!
How it works :
1. Start with a dry face, dry hands. Pump a squirt onto your face (in this case, hand). The oil texture is really runny and watery, so becareful not to use too much otherwise it'll drip down.
2. Massage the on your face. Make sure that everything is ruined and smudged with the oil. You can even massage on your lids because the oil won't sting your eyes. Massage softly, you don't want unecessarily break your collagen.
3. Here's when the magic happens. Get some water on your hand and splash it on your face. The oil will turn into a watery milky white cleanser. Massage it again to make sure all the oily mess turns white and no longer oily, and then rinse clean. TADA, make-up free face and your face is soooooo smooth, not oily!
Proceed to facial wash (my personal formula : cream wash x clarisonic <3). Don't frown, you NEED double-cleansing if you wear full make-up.
It's amazing, like, amazing.
The frikin' best discovery of my life since I knew makeup lol.
Now, I haven't tried any other cleansing oil in my life, so my review might sound a little biased, but here's my opinion :
- The bottle is pretty. SUCH an eyecandy XD Major trait of Jill Stuart!
- It smells so good, like so so good. It's like, fruity floral-ish? The scent it just so relaxing but reviving at the same time, my makeup cleansing is no longer tedious or unpleasant.
- I didn't show, like, mascaras or anything to the photo demos, but I'm pretty sure you know the cleansing power of an oil. Your two phase makeup, which is only half part oil, can cleanse your waterproof mascara so good then this is EVEN BETTER. I've NO makeup that cannot be cleansed by this. None.
- A little goes a long way. I had the 3ml sachets as a tester, and you barely use a ml for each wash, because the oil is really runny and so easy to spread on your face.
- It washes off completely clean, no residual oiliness at all. However, it does make my vision a little bit cloudy, but I'm getting used to it and it only lasts for a few blinks. It happens because I use it on my eye-makeup, really massaging it in so I get every bit off mascara on and a teeny bit of oil might just get into my eye. Don't worry, it's not creepy at all.
I'm totally raving this, and also every other cleansing oil that's as good as this. You sciency people rocks! Oil that washes completely clean is such a convenience.
Overall, I think it's a really good product. It washes every bit of you makeup, pampers your senses with its beauty and scent. 900TWD is totally not expensive for this. It's so so good that I can't think of any cons except that it made my vision blurry for a few secs, that's all.
Repurchase? TOTALLY, I need this in my life! And I would recommend it to everyone who hates 2-phase lip and eye remover :)
Oh, lastly, ingredients :
Don't worry about the mineral oil, it isn't staying on your skin. I don't really mind if there's paraben because it's only on your skin for, like, ten seconds really. So don't glare over it ;)
(Disclaimer : It's a skincare review, and, duh, everyone's skin is different. It might work for me, and not for you, or vice versa. This product is bought by 100% my